April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
A blue pinwheel is a symbol of hope for a child’s future
Communities across Iowa are celebrating Child Abuse Prevention Month during April, using blue pinwheels to represent the happy, carefree childhood and bright future we hope for each and every child.
How can we help ensure more children grow up safe, nurtured and able to reach their full potential? Recognize the role we all play in supporting Iowa's families! Help caregivers manage stress, strengthen connections and gain positive parenting skills!
Follow the links below to find valuable resources to share with patients and families:
- Positive Parenting Tips from the CDC
- Family and Caregiver Resources from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect American Academy of Pediatrics
- ChildWelfare.gov/National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Maltreatment of Children With Disabilities (Pediatrics journal article)
- Pinwheel Coloring Sheets