Billing & Coding
This website provides information about billing and coding for:
- Comprehensive EPSDT preventive medicine exams
- Developmental testing
- Autism screening
- Adolescent depression screening
- Alcohol and drug use screening
- Emotional/behavioral screening
Please visit our Billing & Coding page to find more information.
Care for Kids
Iowa's EPSDT program publishes its "Care for Kids" newsletter three times a year, as a collaborative effort of the Iowa Department of Human Services, Iowa Department of Public Health, Iowa Prevention of Disabilities Policy Council, and the Center for Disabilities and Development at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
Click on the image below to visit our newsletter page, where you will find additional information about the publication, and links to current and archived issues.
Iowa Child Health and Development Record
Iowa Child Health and Development Record (CHDR) forms are used to guide and document a child's health maintenance visits during the period from birth up to age 18. These notes include developmental milestones and potential red flags for referral and are based on the Iowa EPDST Care for Kids Health Maintenance Recommendations (Iowa Periodicity Schedule).
Resources for Transition Planning
The Got Transition website is an excellent resource for professionals, teens and families. It covers all aspects of transition planning.
Resources for Special Needs Populations in the Medical Home
- CDC International Adoption
- AAP International Adoption
- University of Minnesota International Adoption Clinic
- AAP Immigrant Child Health Toolkit
- CDC: Health Status & Screening of Refugees, Immigrants, & International Adoptees
- Medical Home Portal: Quick information about a variety of genetic conditions
- GeneReviews: Good resource for a variety of genetic disorders
- Unique Support Group Disorders Guides: Information about some of the more rare genetic disorders
- GEMSS for Schools: Help for school professionals who work with children with certain medical problems
Specific Genetic Conditions
Resources for Early Brain Development
The website, a part of the American Academy of Pediatrics, focuses on Early Brain and Child Development. It provides basic and advanced information on this topic.
“Promoting Early Brain and Child Development (EBCD): Building Brains, Forging Futures” online course.
This website has brief videos, lectures on video and written briefs which cover the areas of pediatric brain development and the science of children’s social, emotional and behavioral development. Special attention is given to the interaction between the environment in which a child develops and the impact on the developing brain.
Please visit our What's New? page to find our current featured news article and links to previous articles of interest.
Practice Consultation and Training Resources
The UIHC Center for Disabilities and Development’s Iowa Healthy Child Development Initiative offers practice consultation and training for health care providers on such topics as:
- The requirements of the EPSDT health maintenance/well-child screening examination.
- Developmental screening and selection of screening tools.
- Identification of social-emotional risk factors in the young child including autism.
- Adverse childhood experiences and their impact on future health.
- Parental risk factors that may affect a child’s development.
- Adolescent depression and substance use screening.
In office consultation is available to assist in the implementation of the recommended EPSDT health maintenance guidelines to include the screening tools: MCHAT-R/F, ASQ, ASQ-SE. To request practice consultation and/or training contact Steve Wolfe, M.D.
Online training modules.
The trainings and consultations are provided at no cost by Iowa Healthy Child Development.
The AAP’s program for prevention and health promotion for infants, children, adolescents and their families.
The Medical Home Portal is a unique source of reliable information about children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN), offering a “one-stop shop” for their:
- Physicians and Medical Home teams
- Other Professionals and Caregivers
If you have questions or would like information related to specific services or topics, please visit our Contact Us page.
If you prefer to get in touch with EPSDT Care for Kids by phone, please use the number below:
EPSDT is committed to making all information and materials accessible to everyone.
To increase the font size on pages, hold CTRL and press + (PC) or hold Command and press + (Mac). Please contact us if you need materials in alternate formats.