Welcome to Iowa’s EPSDT’s Care for Kids provider website.
Helping providers promote the health, development and well-being of children.
Here you will find useful information and tools to put into practice the array of preventative services available through Iowa’s Early Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) program for children birth to age 21.
Resources offered by this site:
Information about the program’s background, intent and structure as well as who is eligible to receive services.
A description of the requirements of an EPSDT periodic health maintenance screening exam with links to:
- The Iowa EPSDT Care for Kids Health Maintenance Recommendations (periodicity schedule).
- Online preventative health/well-child screening tools, including the Iowa Child Health and Development Record forms (CHDR).
- Infant and pediatric protocols and reporting forms for hearing screening.
- Up-to-date immunization and lead screening schedules.
- I-Smile Oral Health Coordinators
A description of the Iowa EPSDT three levels of care for the development for the young child as well as screening guidelines and links to recommended screening tools. Resources for practice consultation and training are provided.
A quick guide to billing for:
- EPSDT Periodic Health Maintenance Screening Exams
- Developmental, social-emotional and behavioral identification
- Parental depression and stress identification
- Other developmental and behavioral services
Iowa-specific resources that can help you find and make referrals to health, education and social services for the children you serve.
Links to key national and Iowa resources you can use.
Current and past issues of the EPSDT Care for Kids newsletter. Published three times a year, the newsletter provides practical information and resources for health care providers on a variety of child preventative health topics.